Thank you so much Hannah, writer of Simply Haynes, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Your blog is really refreshing and straightforward and I love your posts that are just straight up your emotions and thoughts! Definitely check her out and maybe pick up some awesome recipes as well! I’m honored that you chose to nominate me! The idea of the Liebster Award is to help bring attention to less well-known blogs and those who are just starting out in the blogging world.
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Questions I was asked:
- Why do you blog? I blog to show people that traveling the world isn’t as hard as it sounds. Hopefully I can inspire people to try it themselves as they read through my own mistakes and adventures.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? I actually chose barefootglobal because I prefer to be in bare feet whenever I walk and think the idea of jumping barefoot into something creates the idea of accepting whatever comes your way haha.
- Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why? This one right here. Its about how my friends and I made a proper Thanksgiving feast in my rural Japanese village. It shows the friends and steps I’ve made in Japan that continue to inspire me to blog.
- Do you believe in soul mates? I really do not believe in soul mates. There are around 7 billion people on Earth right now; I’m pretty sure I could have fun with more than just one. The difference is, the person you choose to be with will and should always seem so much better than everybody else ;).
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? I love this question. Honestly, I think I would travel to Antarctica or North Korea. Try to guess why haha.
- Are you a morning person or a night person? Oh dear god I am a night person. My roommates in college knew to “never wake a sleeping Jon.”
- What is your favorite book and why? My favorite book is probably, “The Screwtape Letters,” by C.S. Lewis. It is a collection of letters written from an “upper-management” devil to his nephew about how to properly tempt humans and bring them to depression and sin. It’s really funny and a really unique take on the human mind. Give it a shot.
- What are three things you want to do before you die? I want to visit almost every country on Earth. I want to go to space. I want to be fluent in, at least, five languages. (I’ve got English and Italian down…working on German, French and Japanese).
- What is one piece of advice somebody had given you when you were young? Thinking on this, I think my folks gave me almost every good piece of advice I could ask for…I just didn’t listen haha.
- If you had the opportunity to switch lives, would you take it? If so, who would it be? I think I would only switch lives with somebody if I gained all of their knowledge, capabilities, and history, as well. If so, I would probably switch places with Meriwether Lewis (Lewis & Clark), not that scmuck Clark…haha kidding. Or I would switch places with Ash Ketchum from Pokemon. I mean seriously…who wouldn’t want to live in the Pokemon universe?!
- What is your definition of identity and what creates identity? I believe identity is how you use something you are innately born with. That innate drive or natural talent is part of who you are and the way you utilize it craft exactly the person you are.
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite color?
- Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
- What is your favorite musician/band?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- What are three things you want to do before you die?
- What advice would you give a child right now?
- Do you like Shakespeare?
- What is your strongest personality trait?